The Dead Wars
The following rules are specific to this campaign.
- This campaign uses the point-buy method to generate ability scores. You have 33 points to spend on abilities instead of 27.
- Hit points are calculated according to the fixed values in the class entries. They are not rolled.
- All player character are of the dhampir race.
- For class options, dhampir characters can select the cleric’s Death domain or the paladin’s Oathbreaker oath. (Dungeon Master’s Guide, pages 96-97.) The paladin oath represents a connection with necromantic forces, one that comes with no particular tenets, not the betrayal of a prior oath. It does not require an evil alignment, and as the character’s primary “oath,” it cannot be “atoned.”
- Player characters must take the noble background and cannot replace the Position of Privilege feature. Nor can they replace the equipment package, except that they receive a dhampir signet in place of a signet ring.