The Dead Wars
This page catalogs which optional/variant rules will be used in this campaign. The 5th Edition rules set is not very consistent or clear about how it marks which rules are optional, so these lists might be incomplete.
The following rules are used from the Player’s Handbook.
- Customizing Ability Scores (13)
- Multiclassing (163-165)
- Feats (165-170)
- Skills with Different Abilities (175)
- Encumbrance (176)
The following rules are used from the Dungeon Master’s Guide.
- More Difficult Identification (136): This does not apply to identifying potions.
- Mixing Potions and Scroll Mishaps (140)
- Flanking (251)
- Diagonals (252)
- Honor (264-265): This system is modified as described on the page.
- Firearms (267-268): Replace this with the new rules on the page.
- Disarm, Overrun, Shove Aside, and Tumble (271-272)
- Hitting Cover (272)